AP World History
Test Review for “Classical Empires of the Ancient World” Empires to Review
Persia. Classical Greece and the Hellenistic World. Rome. Qin China. Han China. India.
WRITE THESE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON ANOTHER SHEET
Identify the followers:
Hippocrates Peloponnesian War
Alexander The Great
Mandate of Heaven
Chinese Dynastic Cycle Augustus Jesus
Trojan War Homer
Pax Romana Pericles
Answer the undermentioned inquiries:
1. Who dominated Greece after the Iranian Wars?
2. The Peloponnesian War was between what two groups?
3. What was Alexander’s most permanent accomplishment?
4. What metropolis in Egypt became the centre of the Hellenistic universe?
5. Which geographic characteristics of Greece provided a nexus to the outside universe?
6. How did the geographics of Greece aid make city states?
7. Harmonizing to Aristotle. what was the best authorities?
8. Explain how Athenian democracy worked.
9. Who established an imperium that extended from Greece to Egypt and India?
10. Why did Diocletian split the Roman Empire into two parts?
11. How did the Roman legal system contribute to integrity and stableness?
12. What was Rome’s attitude toward the Jews of Palestine?
13. The Pax Romana ended after the decease of which Roman emperor?
14. How did the wealth acquired from winning an imperium affect Rome?
15. Roman art and literature blended with that of which other civilisation?
16. The diminution of the Roman democracy followed a century of civil wars fought over what inquiry?
17. Which metropolis did Constantine do the centre of power for the Roman Empire?
18. What was Rome’s attitude toward people of different faiths in the imperium?
19. What were the causes of the autumn of the Roman Empire?
20. What similarities existed in the autumn of most of the imperiums?
21. Economically. classical imperiums and civilization remained mostly agricultural but had considerable commercial contacts.
22. Describe the trade among and between ancient imperiums.
23. Explain the difference between civilizations and imperiums.
24. Explain the faiths native to each of the civilizations.
25. How did Chinese belief systems differ from Hinduism and polytheism?
26. What was the most of import consequence of Grecian colonisation between 750 and 550 B. C. E. ?
27. Know how geographics influenced each civilization and imperium.
28. How did each civilization and imperium treat their adult females? Be specific.
Essay: Compare and contrast Qin and Han authorities and society with any one of these: ( 1 ) Mesopotamia and the Harrapan Indus Valley civilisation ; or ( 2 ) other classical civilisations in India ( Gupta ) . Rome. and Greece.